How did I choose a cat boarding facility for Jaspurr?
To choose a cat boarding facility to suit the needs of my cat and keep him stress free while I was away on holidays was extremely important to me.
For me the fun of being away on holidays was always a little spoilt by the feeling of guilt, wondering if Jaspurr was stressed and if his needs were being met.
I had a list of qualities that I was looking for when it came time for me to choose a cat boarding facility to look after Jaspurr;
- A personal touch. I was looking for a small cat boarding facility so Jaspurr could get plenty of one on one attention and wasn’t just one of many cats staying there.
- I wanted to feel that the person looking after Jaspurr was doing it because they loved cats and not just running a business.
- I wanted to be able to choose a cat boarding facility that allowed viewing at any time.
- I wanted to be able to stay with Jaspurr in his boarding room for a few minutes when I dropped him off.
- I wanted his accommodation to be spacious to allow him plenty of opportunity to move around.
- Jaspurr is very shy and needed to have places where he can hide and feel safe in his cat boarding facility.
- Cats need to sleep for about 15 hours each day so it was important that Jaspurr had somewhere he could curl up and feel safe enough to sleep.
- I was hoping there were plenty of windows to not only let natural light in but to also provide Jaspurr with something to look at.
- I wanted to choose a cat boarding facility which had multilevel rooms would give Jaspurr the opportunity to climb and jump. A multilevel cat boarding room also allows cats to be at a higher level because they don’t always feel safe on the ground.
- I did not want the cat boarding facility to smell at all and I expected it to be of a high standard of cleanliness.
- I wanted Jaspurr to be given a lot of attention and affection multiple times every day.
- I wanted the cat boarding facility to want to know about Jaspurr’s likes and dislikes. I wanted them to know he wants his chin scratched not his tummy and he really does like his poop removed from the tray almost immediately.
- I wanted daily updates via Facebook or text message about Jaspurr and how he was managing his stay at the cat boarding facility.
- I wanted Jaspurr to be fed the food he likes to eat and not just the food provided by the cat boarding facility.
- Jaspurr’s health is very important to me so I needed to ensure I choose a cat boarding facility which has strict vaccination and flea control policies.
- I wanted Jaspurr to be able to bring his favourite blanket.
These requirements which we were looking for when we needed to choose a cat boarding facility for our cat are the features we have incorporated in Ali Cats Boutique Cat Boarding and cattery. We hope to make your cats stay here enjoyable and in turn we then hope that you can enjoy your holiday.
When you need to choose a cat boarding facility for your cat, what qualities do you look for?